KIFAD recognizes the importance of experiential learning opportunities for both the educational advancement of students and the growth of host employers’ organization. This proposal highlights how the internship program at KIFAD will offer comprehensive hands-on experience that will mutually benefit both the host employer, student and new graduate.
KIFAD volunteer and internships placements are designed to offer students in higher institutions of learning as well as graduates a “hands-on”, structured work experience not only in the diverse field of Public Health and Community Health, but also other areas including Administration, Human Resource, Procurement, Monitoring & Evaluation, Quality Improvement, and Gender. Students will be able to experience The role of Ministry of Health in Policy formulation and implementation, actual implementation at public, and private health facilities, as well as the role of the community and community-based organizations.
The internship will be a perfect link between the classroom learning, theories, and experiences to the actual implementation at the professional level, which will place the volunteer and intern in a favorable position to compete for jobs on National & international job markets.
Objectives of internship
1. To provide a platform for students and new graduates to interact with professionals, with the aim of enhancing their skills aimed at building a strong National and international workforce
2. To provide an opportunity for students and new graduates to translate knowledge attained into practical experience through actual implementation
3. To provide international students and volunteers with an experience of the functioning of Public Health Systems in resource limited settings.
Target group volunteer and Internship opportunities are intended for all students at higher institutions of learning as well as new graduates in the following areas:
• Public Health
• International health
• Community Health
• Health Services Management
• Community Medicine
• Social work and social administration
• Development studies
• Adult and community education.
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• Business Administration
• Human Resources Management
• Physician Assistants
Duration of internship The duration of the internship mainly will depend on the established requirements from the student’s parent institution.